Uniform shows that we are in a community. Wearing it says we’re all in this together.
We encourage students to take pride in themselves and their appearance at all times.
Our uniform prepares students for the world of work; is practical and smart and helps our students develop a sense of belonging in our academy community.
All children at Co-op Academy Woodslee wear their school uniform with pride. It contributes to a sense of belonging and teamwork. Therefore when your child joins Co-op Academy Woodslee, we are all in a shared agreement that :
It is the responsibility of children, parents and carers to ensure that the correct Woodslee uniform is worn at all times;
It is the responsibility of Co-op Academy Woodslee staff to promote high expectations with the school uniform.
Our uniform is affordable, non gender specific and aligned with the Guidance about Costs of School Uniforms Bill (Act 2021) https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/2615.
Our Co op academy Woodslee logo is important, however we understand that this adds additional cost to a family when buying a uniform so we advise that one item of uniform with the logo is enough.
Names sewn onto the uniform are a great way of identifying a child’s cardigan or jumper in school. If you wish to do this, we advise that the child’s initials are sewn on, not their full name, for safety reasons.
Our School Uniform
Reception– Year 6
Autumn and Spring Term
Grey trousers or grey skirt, pale blue polo shirt, navy blue sweater/cardigan, black school shoes, grey socks or tights.
Summer Term (After the Spring Break)
Grey trousers or shorts or skirt, light blue checked summer dress, pale blue polo shirt, blue V neck sweater/ navy blue cardigan, black school shoes, grey/ white socks.
Nursery children can wear the school uniform or jogging bottoms with a blue or white T-shirt and blue jumper/cardigan.
Reception– Year 6
P.E. kits should be brought into school at the beginning of each half term, they can be left in school where pupils will get changed ready for lessons, they can be taken home at the end of each half term for washing.
Black shorts, pale blue or white t-shirt and black plimsolls. Navy blue/black jogging trousers can be worn during the winter months;
- Children come to school in their PE kits on their PE day.
- Reception children keep their kits in school as they practise getting changed into their kit on their set PE day.
- In Key Stage Two (Y3-Y6 including Birch class) children attend swimming lessons. Children are to wear a swimming costume and long hair is to be tied up and back. Baggy shorts are not permitted.
Jewellery and Hair
For safety reasons, children are only permitted to wear single stud earrings in school and no other jewellery. If a child needs to wear a piece of jewellery for medical or religious reasons, it must be agreed with the Headteacher and removed or covered up during physical activity with a letter written to explain the reason;All children have a right to learn therefore:
- Navy blue head coverings can be worn for religious beliefs.
- Nail polish, acrylic or gel nails and hair colour sprays or dyes are not permitted;
- Shoulder length hair and longer hair should be tied back neatly, with hair colour bobbles. Modest blue and white bows may be worn. Hair length should be no shorter than a number three, this includes any undercuts.
Books & Bags
- All children are to use a navy blue rucksack with Co-op logo for carrying their reading books, pencils and belongings. Rucksacks were given to pupils on return to school after lockdown.
- All pupils new to the school receive a free book bag.
Non Compliance of School Uniform Policy
As a pupil of Co-op Academy Woodslee you agree to the school uniform policy. A reminder letter will be issued to parents in an instance of non compliance and a meeting with the Key Stage Leader will take place if there is continued need for support in this area.
Uniform is available from the following outlets...
Wirral Uniform Centre, Pyramids Shopping Centre, 2 Princes Pavement, Grange Precinct, Birkenhead CH41 2XY
The Other Uniform Store, Brimstage Hall Courtyard, Brimstage Rd, Brimstage, Wirral CH63 6JA
Woodslee’s School Office (including bags and water bottles)
SCOPAY, School shop located in our school office
We have a Uniform exchange in school. Good quality, clean, pre-loved uniform is available ‘year round’ via our ticket system. Tickets can be obtained via the school office and are given to families each term.
Co op Academy Woodslee also donate to Wirral FUSS/FUPS (Free Uniforms for Primary Schools). We advise parents of local hub events when free uniforms are available for parents to collect. wirralfuss.co.uk